TIMEBRIDGE EXPANDS SERVICE TO HELP PEOPLE RUN GREAT MEETINGS
Scheduling Leader Launches New Features and iPhone Application to Support the Entire Process of Creating and Conducting Productive Meetings
September 10, 2009 –San Francisco, CA -- TimeBridge today announced a significant expansion of its product offering and the launch of TimeBridge for iPhone to give meeting organizers the tools they need to set up and run great meetings. TimeBridge’s service spans the full lifecycle of a meeting - from scheduling a time, to setting the agenda and adding conferencing services, through sending reminders and timing agenda items, TimeBridge is there to ensure the success of every meeting.
Over the past 18 months, TimeBridge has rapidly built a user base of over 400,000 people who use the web app to eliminate the hassle of finding a time to meet. Now TimeBridge is extending its leadership beyond scheduling to help organizers and teams make the most of their meetings.
According to David Allen, management consultant, trainer, and best-selling author of Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity: “Meetings are either the boon or bane of every enterprise, depending on how well they're envisioned and managed. Every meeting is an opportunity to get things done, but the unfortunate reality is that most meetings are not nearly as productive as they could be. Not only is it squandered time for the team, but for the meeting organizer, a bad meeting is a missed leadership opportunity. Stepping up and acting as a meeting leader means establishing, maintaining and communicating clear goals, and ensuring clear decisions, accountabilities and actions – something that is hard to do while juggling a lot of moving parts. Tools that help streamline the logistics and make the process easier and more engaging for all involved are essential to helping each of us rise to the challenge of leading a great meeting."
To give meeting organizers the tools they need to make their meetings more effective, TimeBridge now includes the following features:
- Personal Scheduler: Get your meeting scheduled quickly and painlessly, cutting out all the tedious back and forth emails between participants no matter what email or calendaring system people use;
- The Meeting Room: Get a centralized web page for each meeting which is accessible by all attendees for easy communication of meeting logistics and the creation of a collaborative agenda;
- Availability Sharing: Leverage TimeBridge as a virtual “Exchange server in the cloud” to share availability, publicly or privately, across companies and calendaring systems;
- Let’s Meet™: Create a Let’s Meet page to allow people to sign up for time on your calendar – keep your page private or post a Let’s Meet badge on your Facebook page or LinkedIn;
- TimeBridge Groups: For work teams who meet regularly, create a TimeBridge Group to check everyone’s availability at a glance and get the group together in one step;
- Meeting Time Messenger™: Round up attendees with an automatic five-minute heads up via SMS, ping late-comers via SMS or email, or let others know you are running late with one click;
- TimeBridge Plus: Get premium web conferencing – share your computer screen and presentations, brainstorm on a virtual whiteboard, and get free phone conferencing.
TimeBridge is also announcing today a new application for the iPhone. TimeBridge for iPhone allows users to more effectively manage their meetings on-the-go with access to key TimeBridge features including availability sharing, viewing the meeting agenda and clocking meeting progress, one-touch access to conference calls, running late notifications and fetching late attendees with SMS.
“TimeBridge has been an extremely useful tool in helping to streamline our meetings by eliminating all the back and forth that traditionally takes place around scheduling,” said long-time TimeBridge user Ian Strain-Seymour, director of product and service strategy at leading online marketing agency Apogee Search. “I am really excited that they are taking a broader approach to make it even easier for us to run more productive and efficient meetings.”
“People spend too much time scheduling, organizing and preparing meetings, and jumping around between the phone and a variety of tools like email and Webex,” said Yori Nelken, CEO, TimeBridge. “TimeBridge offers a solution to this everyday problem, transforming meeting organizers into meeting leaders. When you are running a meeting, all eyes are on you. We want to help you make your personal performance stand out from planning to execution to follow-through, and, in turn, help your team get more done.”
TimeBridge’s new features are available now at www.timebridge.com and TimeBridge for iPhone will be available via the App Store in the next month.
TimeBridge provides an intuitive web app that helps busy professionals run great meetings. TimeBridge makes it easy to find a time to meet, set an agenda, coordinate logistics, conduct a phone or web conference, and document decisions and actions. TimeBridge requires no downloads and works with most popular calendars, including Google, Outlook and Apple iCal. TimeBridge is based in Berkeley, California and is backed by blue-chip venture capital firms Mayfield Fund and Norwest Venture Partners.
Jason Mandell or Virginia Zimpel